Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Babies

During my observation, the teacher informed me that it was his most difficult class.  He has one student that is 17 and he has a 3 year old baby.  Mind you, he is in 7th grade.  Here is my question, if high school kicks you out when you are 22 and he is 17 in 7th grade then should he stay?  There are a lot of controversy with this type of question.  Children have been having sex at younger ages at which they don't think about their future. They don't think it would interfere with their studies. This young boy has a three year old child.  Where is this baby when he is in school?  What is the mother doing?  I believe that since this boy is 17 in 7th grade he should instead just get his GED.  I personally would be the person saying to stay in school and finish.  But I feel like at this point you have too many responsibilities and you should be working.  Your first priority is that little baby.  You cannot just throw your child on someone this boy is almost an adult and he should be working full-time to support his family.  He was too young to have a baby and stayed back because of his lack of wanting to be in school not because of the baby.  I think he needs to take responsibility and start working full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment